Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Call me "Supermom"...

...'cause that's how I feel today! What a difference a day makes. Dylan slept about 12 hours last night, with 2 feedings at 10:30 pm and 4 am. Kira stayed overnight last night, so she dressed Dylan this morning before she went to work around 9 am. I got dressed, ate breakfast (ok, so it was leftover Thai food -- it still counts), and put Dylan down for a nap by 9:45 am. And there was minimal drama! And he slept for almost 2 hours! I actually did a load of diapers and mostly updated my resume. Then he woke up, we played, I ate some lunch, and by 12:15 pm we were off to visit Kira at work. Dylan flirted with all her coworkers until their 2 pm meeting, and then we drove home. Of course, Dylan fell asleep in the car. But I transferred him to the crib and he barely woke up! No drama at all! That was 15 minutes ago. I am awesome! (Okay, I guess Dylan gets some of the credit. He is awesome, too.)

By the way: I'm updating my resume because I'm applying for an open position at Marylhurst University. The music therapy department needs a full time faculty member. I don't know if I'll get it, but I think it's definitely worth shooting for. This is a big decision, because it means Dylan would need to go into real childcare in the fall. I love staying at home with him, but I also love doing music therapy and teaching. I miss using that part of my brain. And I really enjoyed teaching a class there this past winter. I think Dylan would benefit from having a mom who's a professor, don't you? ;)

2 comments:

  1. I definitely think a professor-mommy would be ultra cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when they do what they're supposed to? Go ahead and take some of that credit. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete