Today was a better day. Dylan slept in the crib again from 10pm to about 7am (waking up once to nurse around 4am), and then I brought him to bed with me. He let me doze, only waking me about once an hour, until we both got up around 10am. This is a schedule I can live with. And if I keep getting more sleep like this, I won't need to sleep in so late.
We were actually pretty productive today. Dylan and I got crafty and made Mother's Day cards for the grandmas. Then we loaded him into the moby wrap and walked up to the shopping center. We bought Charlotte a card at Hallmark, along with some chocolate for me (Hey, they had a $5 minimum on debit cards. What else could I do?). Then we bought stamps and mailed all the cards at the post office. Next I got coffee, and when I dropped it feet from the Starbucks, all over the Safeway floor, the barista offered to make me another, no charge. God bless you, barista girl!
We wandered across the parking lot to BiMart, where I looked at patio furniture. I am working on turning our cement patio with a picnic table into a more livable, outdoor living room space. I realized that since we already have 2 camp chairs, that could be part of the seating. And I found the camp chair I've always wanted... one with cup holders and a FOOTREST! It was 25 percent off already, and there was only one left -- the display model -- so I got them to take off another 10 percent, and got the chair for around $13. Go me!
So we walked home again, with me carrying baby, diaper back pack, and camp chair, and feeling pretty cool. I stopped and got some lunch to go at the new Pasta cart on the way. Now we're at home, there's laundry running, and we're about to go over to Kira's to hang out while she cleans. A pretty good day indeed.
I think I've decided again, for the moment, that I don't want to move. I love living walking distance from the Woodstock shops, library, etc. I think we'll wait to buy a house until we can afford one in a similarly good location.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment