This is the card that my mom and mother in law both got in the mail Saturday. I woke up on Thursday feeling crafty, and I'm really happy with how they turned out. In case you need clarification, Dylan did the hand print, and I drew the flowers. (I wish this picture wasn't so blurry. I hate my camera, but it's better than nothing. Meh.)
In honor of Mother's Day, Chris took responsibility for Dylan all day Saturday (We have a kickball game today, so it would not have been as good of a day for me to try to have to myself). The day started with Chris getting up with him so I could sleep in (a regular Saturday occurrence). Then the 3 of us walked to brunch at The Delta, where I had a disappointing vegan biscuits and gravy, and Chris had a much better andouille sausage and crawfish scramble. They do soul food really well there, but I haven't been impressed with their veggie stuff. My bellini made up for it quite a bit, however. Chris carried Dylan to the restaurant and back in the moby, while I enjoyed a tipsy stroll home with them.
When we got home, I dropped off the boys went back up the street to the nail salon that just opened, where I got a spa pedicure and brow wax. (I never know how to respond when they offer to wax something else. Are you just upselling me, or do I really have a mustache? I declined the suggestion.) My toenails are now green and shiny -- the color of Dylan's hand print, actually.
Then I stopped back at the house to nurse the boy, and then back out to go shopping for shorts. I am seriously lacking in non-maternity clothes for summer, especially since I'm down at least one size from pre-pregnancy (Hooray!). I was feeling, let's say "thrifty", so I hit up the Value Village. I found no shorts, of course, but I did get a pair of pants, a shirt, and 2 pairs of capris for under $24. Gotta love it.
By this time it was 5pm, so I went home and took a nap. Dylan was napping already as well. We both woke up around 7pm, just in time for a nice visit with Uncle Stephen. Stephen and I watched a lot of Muppet videos on YouTube, before he went back to the hotel, and I stayed up to watch Betty White on SNL. The perfect ending to a lovely Mother's Day (observed).
How could you not love this face?! Dylan you are exhausting, but I love you to bits and pieces. Thanks for making me your mom, Muffin Man!
No comments:
Post a Comment