We were late for Breastfeeding Support Group today, mostly because I am still recovering from yesterday's kickball slaughter. (I love our ref, by the way. He came up to us afterward and told us not to get discouraged, because we played really well against a hard team.) Even after a epsom salt bath last night, this morning was still rough. After the group, Dylan and I headed over to Portland Nursery to pick up some plants and potting soil. I got some herbs I've never grown before, including lemon catnip and costmary. I love exploring new herbs and living with them. I think I'm leaning towards a tea-focused garden this year. I also picked up a couple of plants for the Adjunct Faculty office at Marylhurst. When I taught there last term, I ended up taking home a couple of empty pots that were long abandoned.
We've been finding ourselves at IKEA a lot lately in our pursuit of a more liveable apartment. We bought more storage boxes and shelf baskets so that we can get stuff up and out of the way, or even finally put away for the first time after the office became a nursery. We rearranged the living room furniture so there is a more-open floor plan. Dylan's increasing mobility means he needs more play space. We are also trying to liquidate some of our unnecessary material assets (i.e., “crap”), either by selling it or donating it to Goodwill. A bunch of books went to Powell's, and I've got a pile of baby and maternity clothes to take to the resale shop. Speaking of piles, here's our tribute to Experience Music Project...
This isn't even all of our guitars. How many guitars does one family need? If we downsized by half, it would definitely make a difference in the clutter.
Here is another photo of old blue eyes. If you look really carefully, you can see his 2 new bottom teeth.
A tea garden sounds like so much fun. I think a medicinal garden also sounds cool... but I need to learn a bit more about herbal remedies first. :)
ReplyDeleteAhh. He's wearing the sea turtle onesie. It's made from hemp. We got it at a little shop in paia, the hippy part of Maui. Dave was just reminiscing about that onesie the other day.
ReplyDeleteYour garden looks very promising. My herbs are bought and in Dad's greenhouse, the bed is prepared, now it just has to be planted.
ReplyDeleteDylan is sooooo cute! I'm impressed you can get ANYTHING done. I'm afraid I'd spend all my time staring at him. Good for you.