
Chris was asked to be a judge for student set designs at the State Thespian Conference in Eugene this week. So Dylan and I rode down there with him, and we spent the day hanging out in Eugene. Even though the weather was all over the place (it actually hailed at one point), we found some cool stuff to do.
I wanted to check out the University of Oregon Natural History Museum. I knew the address but had no directions, and so I drove around for a half hour and ended up in Springfield before I just decided to go to the U of O campus and look around there. And lo and behold, there it was. Dylan checked out all the exhibits with me, but was probably most interested in the stuffed animals in the gift shop. He petted them very gently as I explained what all the different animals were. :) And I bought a little oil lamp as a souvenir. But my favorite part was the 9,000 year old shoes...

Most of the rest of the day was spent dodging raindrops, walking around shops, and trying to soothe a crying, teething baby. Oh, that's right -- I forgot to mention that Dylan cut his first tooth overnight last night. The homeopathic "teething tablets" and rescue remedy are a big help. But I was worried about the drive back to Portland, so I bought some infant ibuprofen this afternoon, "just in case." I had no reason to worry -- Dylan slept all the way down and all the way back.
Here he is at home. One hand on the sheep Mojo (Grandma Joyce) and Uncle Stephen gave him for Easter, one hand reaching for the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment