Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The 3 "C"s: Cruisin', Crawlin', and Crashin'

You've got to admire his form. Why crawl hand over hand when you can just launch yourself forward repeatedly? Today is definitely the best crawling I've yet seen. And as you can see, he still doesn't like it.

He'd rather be walking. He's cruising all over now. The other day I watched him cruise right across the closed front door, hands flat against it, holding himself up like a mime trapped in an invisible box. But he took a nasty spill today, where he banged his head against a desktop, and then banged it harder on the crossbeam on the way down. I collapsed in tears when I saw the actual DENT in his forehead. It's going to turn into a nice purple welt. If you look carefully in the video, you might even be able to see it there, over his left brow. He doesn't seem any worse for wear, though. As I type this, he's cruisin' around the living room, happily shrieking his head off. *sigh*

5 comments:

  1. He's doing the Worm! I can't believe he's breakin' before he can even walk! Nice moves, Dylan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is getting around pretty well with this crawling style...sorry to hear about the bump on his head though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zephyr is doing the "epidural shuffle". He just pulls his dead legs around behind him. I think he knows they're supposed to do some of the work, but he only uses his toes. Dylan's technique is much more direct.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See Dylan, Tummy time CAN be productive.

    ReplyDelete