Sunday, July 11, 2010

Swimming!

Dylan, age 6 months, at his first swim class:



Of course, he is much bigger now, not to mention an even better swimmer. Dylan favors a scissor-kick style of swimming. The little frog! I love that in this video you can see him really respond to Kira (behind the camera) when she talks to him. This was taken less than 2 months ago, and he already is so much more interactive in general, it's amazing.

We were really excited to do mama/baby swim classes for Dylan. Chris especially liked the idea of Dylan getting used to the water early, so that he wouldn't be afraid when he got older. Dylan really enjoys the classes, and has already shown improvement. I think that's partly due to his developmental growth, but he also seems to be learning some specific skills as the classes go on.

Here are some more photos from the first few weeks of class:


And one more video:


Look at that little kicker! Go Dylan, Go!

3 comments:

  1. Dylan is wonderful but look how pretty his mama looks!

    He is really quick study, I see. Are there some gold medals in his future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, mom. I do feel pretty in this first video. I have noticed that the pictures of me since Dylan was born are possibly the most beautiful of my post-adolescent life, probably because I am unselfconscious and radiating love for him. And while I think it might be a little soon to buy the trophy case, I have to admit that I'm impressed with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're pretty, too. It's the only reason I hang out with you. Didn't you know that? Smarts and a sense of humor will only get a girl so far in life, but looks? Honey, now you're goin' places.

    ReplyDelete