So we went home with no exersaucer. (Boo...) However, an hour later one of the shops called to tell me they just got one in, so we went back and picked it up. (Hooray!) We also got a backpack-style baby carrier and a book about manatees. It was a good thrift store haul. Dylan was immediately engrossed in the exersaucer -- far too busy to smile for the camera.
After this unmitigated success, we knew we had to get the Johnny Jump-up up and running (or jumping, I suppose). The problem has been that it is designed to hang from molding over a doorway. All our doorways are too narrow -- he kept banging into the side --- and have molding that couldn't support the weight. It looked like whole contraption was going to rip right off the wall. So we decided Daddy the Carpenter should build some sort of frame from which to hang it, and this week he finally had time to do it. I have affectionately dubbed it "The Baby Guillotine":
This name does not amuse Chris, I think because he doesn't like the implication that something he built will harm the baby. I suggested "The Baby Gallows" as an alternative, but I think that just made it worse. Whatever you call it, The Man loves it!
This does look like some form of medieval punishment except that Dylan looks so happy! I am sure he loves being able to move in different ways.
ReplyDeleteHe is really gorgeous and that smile is too precious!
ReplyDeleteI love that he can play in the jumper outside. I think Liam would have never left his jumper if it were outside! Best. Things. Ever. as far as he was concerned.
ReplyDeleteI have a similar picture of Zephyr just beside himself with delight in his exersaucer. And I love the baby gallows!
ReplyDelete