Seven months isn't one of those birthdays that gets a lot of attention, but that doesn't mean it's not worth celebrating. Especially when it's also the day that you sit on the floor all by yourself for the first time (with a little assist from the boppy).
In other news, here are some updates. We have a winner in the "actual foods" contest, and it's... Avocado! I always said I was going to start with this one, and then I ended up trying other stuff first. I should have gone with my instincts. He has enjoyed a little avocado socially on a number of occasions. He also continues to enjoy water, which he drinks from a sippy cup. He thinks he can hold the cup himself, but he's not actually quite there yet.
On the "having it all" front, I will not be working full time at Marylhurst this fall, which is fine with me. The position would have been very stressful, and I'm not quite ready to leave The Man that much yet. I will probably get to teach there again in the fall or winter. I'm currently trying to figure out how I want to approach re-entering the work force. I could work on building my private practice, go back to sub-contracting, or appy for a part-time position somewhere. Or I could put it off for a little longer. And I'm in the middle of examining my childcare options, depending on our needs. The whole thing feels complicated, and I've decided to really spend some time contemplating what I really want my life to look like.
But not right now. Right now, I'm going for a walk with my little family. :)
I was thinking about Dylan today and how old he is getting...I can't believe it has been seven months and he is such a big boy! Still adorable, of course. Thanks for sharing the video
ReplyDelete